Project Estimating and Scheduling Training Course
One of the most challenging aspects of planning a project is determining realistic estimates and schedules.
2 onsite days (14 hours) or 4 virtual sessions (3.5 hours each) | 14 contact hours (PDU’s)
Delivering projects within the scope, schedule, and cost requirements is very difficult. We have all been in the situation where we have had to meet impossible completion dates and budget requirements. But with the proper skills and knowledge, you can develop schedules and budgets to prevent these problems.
This workshop is interactive, including small group exercises, large group discussions, and instructor facilitation. You will be able to practice what you learn on a project of your choosing from your work.
This course utilizes many of the templates found in IPDI Project Management Template Library. As an attendee, you are given free access to these helpful worksheets, and you are free to use them on your own projects.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to establish effective resource, duration and cost estimates.
- Understand the four techniques for resource, duration, and cost estimating:
- Three Point
- Understand the four different logic types used to model the proper flow of the project.
- Develop a preliminary schedule using Critical Path Method (CPM).
- Establish effective adjustments, including risk responses, to the preliminary schedule.
- Accurately update the schedule-based work performance.
- Understand aspects of Earned Value Analysis (EVA) in project updates and forecasts.
PMI, PMP, and PMBOK are registered trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.