Procurement and Contract Management Training Course
How you setup and execute the procurement / contract situation can either drive your team and organization towards success or failure – and everyone would prefer success.
2 onsite days (14 hours) or 4 virtual sessions (3.5 hours each) | 14 contact hours (PDU’s)
If your customer is external to your organization, you are in a procurement / contract situation.
If you use external vendors and suppliers, you are in a procurement / contract situation.
This interactive, workshop style course is designed to give you a working knowledge of procurement management. You will be able to use these concepts the very next day, thus giving you the edge over your competition. The course is designed to provide participants with the procurement management principles, techniques, tools, and skills for next day applications useful in your organization and a wide range of businesses — healthcare, government, service, engineering, manufacturing, education, etc.
This workshop is interactive, including small group exercises, large group discussions, and instructor facilitation.
After completing this course, you’ll understand:
- The fundamentals of procurement management.
- The elements of a contract.
- The five different categories of procurement.
- What is involved in a Make vs. Buy decision.
- What is included in a procurement package.
- The different types of contracts and their relative risk.
- What is involved in conducting a procurement process.
- How to evaluate seller proposals.
- The basics of negotiation.
- The fundamentals of administering a contract.
- How to close a contract.
PMI, PMP, and PMBOK are registered trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.